Union Square is a historic intersection and surrounding neighborhood in Manhattan, New York City, located where Broadway and the former Bowery Road – now Fourth Avenue – came together in the early 19th century. Its name denotes that "here was the union of the two principal thoroughfares of the island". The current Union Square Park is bounded by 14th Street on the south, 17th Street on the north, and Union Square West and Union Square East to the west and east respectively.
Union Square Park also contains an assortment of art, including statues of George Washington, Marquis de Lafayette, Abraham Lincoln, and Mahatma Gandhi. Union Square is part of Manhattan Community District 5 and its primary ZIP Code is 10003. It is patrolled by the 13th Precinct of the New York City Police Department. The New York City Subway's 14th Street–Union Square station, served by the 4, 5, 6, , L, N, Q, R, and W trains, is located under Union Square.
Union Square is a popular destination for shopping, dining, and entertainment. It is home to a number of high-end stores, boutiques, and restaurants. Union Square is also home to a number of cultural institutions, including the New York Public Library's main branch, the Museum of Modern Art, and the Juilliard School.
Union Square is a vibrant and active community. It is a popular spot for protests, rallies, and other public gatherings. Union Square is also home to a number of festivals and events throughout the year.
Top things to do in Union Square
- Visit the New York Public Library's main branch: This iconic library is one of the largest and most comprehensive libraries in the world.
- Visit the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA): This world-renowned museum houses a collection of modern and contemporary art.
- Take a walk through Union Square Park: This beautiful park is a great place to relax and people-watch.
- Shop at the Union Square Greenmarket: This farmers market is a great place to buy fresh, local produce.
- See a show at the Public Theater: This Tony Award-winning theater company produces a wide variety of plays and musicals.
- Attend a rally or protest: Union Square is a popular spot for political demonstrations.
- Enjoy a meal at one of Union Square's many restaurants: This neighborhood has a wide variety of dining options to choose from.
If you're looking for a place to stay in Union Square, there are a number of hotels to choose from. Here are a few of the best options:
- The Surrey: This boutique hotel is located in the heart of Union Square.
- The Carlyle: This luxury hotel is a popular choice for celebrities and other high-profile guests.
- The Mark Hotel: This modern hotel is located just steps from Union Square.
No matter what you're looking for, you're sure to find something to love in Union Square. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip today!
Enjoy learning about Union Square? Find out more about The Garment District, a popular neighborhood in the area!
About Quick Repair
Quick Repair is a company that aims to help you find the best possible solution to any device repair issue. They offer a friendly, transparent, and cost-effective service, and their team of experts can assist you with any issues from beginning to end.
Once you have brought your device to Quick Repair, they will carry out a diagnostic to determine the issue. Once they have identified the issue, they will advise you on the best possible option for repair. Quick Repair also offers a warranty on all repairs, and they can help you protect your device from future issues.